Here is where I will deposit all of the research I collect about my favorite trees, plants, shrubs, flowers, and when and where to plant them!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tea Olive!!

Osmanthus frangrans

Yay for the internet community!!  Through Pinterest interaction, I have found out the name of yet another favorite flowering tree - the Tea Olive!  This one is in the yard of the house I just moved into this past summer, and in late September, it bloomed with the most fragrant flowers I have yet to discover on a relatively small tree.  The blooms are small and white, and it blooms sporadically all summer;  here in the South, it will even bloom during warm snaps over the winter.  It does well in most soils, and most sun/shade situations, so it is a very low-maintenance tree.  It is an evergreen, with dark green glossy leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment